Free Software UK

Discussion about Free Software here in the UK

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-19 10:20:30

MadHatter
Website

OpenID support issue

I note that the uLogin OpenID plugin, whilst lovely (and many thanks for it!) isn't quite getting OpenID right.  My OpenID URL is https://www.teaparty.net; that contains delegation pointers to my *current* identity provider, but the uLogin plugin has registered my OpenID as being that delegated provider (https://openid.yubico.com/...), rather than teaparty.net.  The whole idea of OpenID is to allow me to use a URL under my control to decouple my identity from any backend provider, so storing the current provider rather than the master URL is rather missing the whole point.  It also means that if I have to change my provider, as I fairly often do, my login to this BB will stop working.

This isn't fatal, and if only a handful of users are using the BB, it doesn't matter - though you may end up occasionally having to field unlock requests from me by email!  But I thought I'd mention it.

Fellow of the FSFE (#1499)

#2 2016-10-20 10:16:14

Xylon
Administrator
Website

Re: OpenID support issue

Someday I'll learn how this OpenID thing works and write my own implementation since the plugin is clearly less than ideal.

Forum Founder and Boss. View my blog and submit to my FS success stories platform.

Fellow of the FSFE (#3509)

#3 2017-03-10 22:16:47

Xylon
Administrator
Website

Have made some subtle changes to registration system to thwart bots. Can you still login with OpenID MadHatter?

Forum Founder and Boss. View my blog and submit to my FS success stories platform.

Fellow of the FSFE (#3509)

#4 2017-03-11 08:09:02

MadHatter
Website

Yes, I can; thanks for worrying!

Fellow of the FSFE (#1499)

Board footer

Free Software UK forum - founded by Joseph Graham, hosted by Mythic Beasts, Powered by FluxBB